11.30.2010

Spider-Man - Brand New Day

Issue 544 was a defining moment in the world of Spider-Man. Love it or hate it, the decision to end the marriage with MJ and return Spidey to his single roots was a new Coke kind of deal and from my perspective this changed actually worked in a big way. While I can understand that true fans would be a bit angry by having 244 issues of continuity erased, the energy and story lines since the change have, I think, invigorated the title. The story lines especially the Gauntlet and Kraven't Last Hunt have been great. Since I started in about a year ago I have gone back and read the beginnings and it was interesting the take. Also amazing (get it?) was because of the writers they actually put out on average about 2 - 3 issues a month. Some really great art came out of issues. Especially love Bachalo and Ramos takes. Hopefully they can keep up the excitement...

No comments: