10.12.2011

Erin Mortensen - The Night Circus

There is an email in the book and I just can't leave an email without saying something.. So this is what I said, "I loved the night out at the circus....when will you return? I wrote a little poem:

Mystery big top
It is not all black and white
Magic or dreaming?"

This is the response...

Thank you for your interest in Le Cirque des RĂªves! If you are inquiring as to the itinerary of the circus, we apologize, but it is against our policy to disclose information about current or upcoming locations. Other inquiries will be responded to in as timely a manner as possible. Cheers, Erin Erin Morgenstern assistant to Mr. Clarke erin@nightcircus.com

Darn I was hoping to get tickets ;)  And frankly the circus would have been better than the book.  I thought the book was beautifully descriptive and imaginative but in the end there were too many unanswered plot points, mysteries, and in the end I really didn't care about the two main magicians in the story.  The love story didn't grab me and when the book was over I was least concern about the characters and more sad not to have more circus room reveals.  My favorite would be the room of jars...

OK read but nothing special...

No comments: