11.16.2012

Karen Walker - The Age of Miracles

The Age of Miracles was an Indispensable from Powell's.  Started the book a while back then was traveling and so it sat on my shelf half read.  The concept kind of freaked me out and therefore I wasn't real keen on continuing the book. Having only given up on one book in my lifetime (Edith Wharton's - The House of Mirth), I wasn't going to make it two.  

Overall not a bad book.  Thought it kind of ended prematurely and could have been a bit more final. The effects of the longer day and the after effects were definitely though provoking.  Kind of makes you think about the only place currently in the universe that we can live on and how perhaps we take advantage of it.  Ok read but nothing I would have chosen to read.  Therefore thanks to Powell's for opening me to new books.

No comments: