5.23.2008

Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull

As documented I am a huge Indy fan. Loved the other three films (probably more than the original Star Wars fan) and I anxiously awaited this one. Was a bit anxious since I loved the first three and just didn't need another Phantom Menace. When movies mean so much you don't want your potential last one of the character to be a bummer. Early reviews seem to indicate that Lucas might have done it again so when I sat down I was a bit concern.
In the end it was a respectable movie. Not great like the first one, on par with the third one, and definitely better than the second. Harrison's portrayal was a bit rusty. He seemed to have lost the feel of the character in the mannerisms and his speech. The action was great and very Spielberg. I got tired of the Forrest Gump aspects of the movie. The whole nuke scene was just goofy. I though Shia did a fine job in a very difficult role. Karen Allen's insertion was kind of lame. I thought they could have done better with her. The ending was on par with other films. I had heard a thing about aliens and I was kind of hoping Lucas wouldn't go there but actually it fit the movie very well. Also thought the tone of the movie was so different and seemed to really fit the whole Red Scare era. Loved the ending with the hat. Overall great film.

No comments: