5.16.2008

This Week in Comics

Batman 676
Morrison's take on the Dark Knight has been decent. Problem I have with Morrison's writing is that it is incredibly disjointed and jumpy. One really can't get a full appreciation of the work until he is moved on and the individual books have been joined into an anthology. Only then do you see the genius that Morrison does for a character. This was story for the New X-men. Great individual reads but when taken as a body of work it is really a strong read. I find that the Batman stories he has done so far are good but somewhat difficult to grasp at this time.

Cassanova 14
Fraction's work on this is great. Ba and Moon's work is a perfect complement. I love the characters and story even it gets a bit convoluted. Can't wait for Book 3.


Psi Force Classic
OK this was my 80s tribute to the failed ideal that was the New Universe. At the time I believe Marvel was attempting to recreate the perfect storm that was the Lee/Kirby era. Launch a new set of books trying to create some new characters. I thought the ideal was good. Some of the books were decent. Unfortunately I guess people didn't want a whole new set of characters and were happy with the old faithful. I had decided to pick one book and stay with it and try to watch it grow. This one was it...golly re-reading it makes the 80s seem kind of lame! The funny thing is this one must of held up pretty well because it is the only one to get a TPB. Next to StarBrand and the whole Pittsburg destruction I guess this one was the next best loved book.

No comments: