6.10.2008

Downfall of Hillary

Okay so again I don't like to pontificate on politics because it really isn't my place but as a purviewer of life I figure I should throw out my thoughts on this political season. Bottom line was that Hillary had her flaws (doesn't everyone) but I really thought she got an unfair shake. Granted Obama was a runaway train (much like Hillary's husband) and I don't think there was anything she could have done to make a difference. I guess from my perspective is the fact that we had a black man and a white woman going at it for the nominee. In over 200 years of presidential politics we finally reached a point where the white male is finally moving on. What a great time in America of course you can look at the flip side and ask why did it take so long? In the future Hillary will be looked upon has a great step forward but presently I am amazed by the hostility of it all. Granted I believe we are all sick of anyone named Bush or Clinton and the last thing we needed was Clinton part II but why such the disparity in opinions on a woman candidate? I mean you talk to woman and they can't stand Hillary, you talk to Republicans and they lick their chops at having such a polarizing candidate, you talk to men and they just raise their eyebrows? What is it with Hillary? Would any other woman have gone through this? Is it because she is slimy like her husband? Why did the media and most of her friends back stab her? Why did she fight a losing battle? Is it simply ego? I guess I am just amazed at how the media simply took things that really didn't matter in a candidate's leadership ability and made it an issue. I guess in the end the power's at be would rather still have a man, even a black man, then a woman in the White House. Wow amazing such inequality still exists in the good old boy network. Are us men really that insecure? Makes you think but hey there is an entire religion out there that makes woman second class citizens so is our putting the woman down all that different?

No comments: