5.08.2009

Star Trek - The Movie

Saw the first summer's movie blockbuster.  And I have to say that it was a hell of a start for the summer.  If the rest of the summer's movies hold up to this then it will be the best summer ever.  

I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie.  I respect the franchise.  Enjoyed the TNG and Voyager.   Thought DS9 was a good experiment.  TOS was before my time but Wrath of Khan was the best in theatre.  Anyway I had no expectations but heard the good reviews and at least expected a decent go.  Paid the extra and saw it on IMAX because a big movie has to be seen and heard.  It was definitely worth it.  

Great move, great characters, J.J. hit it huge...although not for sure what was up with the engineering section of the Enterprise (or should I say the LA Budweiser Plant). For God's sake you put the money in a great bridge, great special effects and the freakin Engineering section is a Bud plant...Ughhhh.  I wonder what other Easter Eggs were in the movie beside the Rambaldi red ball!  Ughhhh great movie except I wanted some Kirk kick assing and some Khannnnnnnn!

No comments: