5.05.2009

Wolverine TPB Marc Silvestri

Marc Silvestri brought me into the world of comics. I started innocently with an issue of X-Factor. Got my feet wet with the original crew. Just happened to to get caught up in the Mutant Massacre. While I didn't venture into the Uncanny world I only decided a few months later that I wanted more. Well that led to Uncanny X-men 218. Classic issue with Silvestri doing the pencils. Was it chance? or did I just happen upon classic art? Simonson was doing X-Factor and Silvestri was on Uncanny. Two fabulous artist plying their trade. 27 odd issues later he defined an era. He moved onto Wolverine and really provided a great story. While Lee really put the X-men over the top I think Silvestri's owrk really was the essence of what made the X-men the greatest book of the 90's. Fall of the Mutants was probably the last greatest cross over. Fall of the X-men in Dallas, the Brood return...great stuff. Anyway it was good to revisist his art and loved the Wolverine stuff.

No comments: