1.27.2011

Comic Splat

Iron Man #500
Finally the milestone issue. Got tired of this being one of Marvel's legacy books and still stuck on some volume 5 numbering system...now if we can only get the Avengers back on track...Overall good issue although this future look thing gets to be a bit boring. Why the Spider-Man crossover and why do we see Doc Ock in issue #501 (foreshadowing)? Does Iron Man really have no rogue's gallery? Writers need to stop looking at the man in the machine and start the machine being the book!

Scarlet #4
Bendis' anti-hero is starting to bore me...let's face it costumes and superheroes are just more fun...I don't need to read a comic book about the crap in the real world!

Avengers #9
Why is Bendis (this rip on Bendis post by the way) stuck on trying to create this supervillain out of the Hood. He is a cheese ball villain that Bendis has had around forever in the Avengers...remember this is the Avengers...they need to be going heads on with the best of the best villains not some punk from the street. Honestly he can defeat the best security measures of the Illuminati and find the gems of the infinity gauntlet? Come on let's put this to rest and move on to something more Avengers like!

Captain America #614
Brubaker has been the most consistent storyteller in the last 3-4 years. His book is not stale, the ebb and flow of stories are good, the art is complementary, and overall of all the books I get each month this one I know I will get a good read!

Amazing Spider-Man #652, #653, and #654
First blah storyline in a while. Not a fan of Caselli's art...just not distinctive and kind of blah. Anyway I tired of J.J. being part of spider-man...he is a foil at best with Peter...and this mayor thing and his son...who cares!

Secret Avengers #9
Gee another consistently good book by Brubaker. I heard he is done after this storyline. That will be sad because I think he could develop this team a bit more before handing it off.

Fantastic Four #587
Yes I bought into the whole death issue and yes the one who bit it was who I thought. No real surprises and the way he passed along I can see the character coming back in another year or two as a corrupted baddie who finds the pull of family to be greater and then comes back into the fold. I am so tired of these "death" of a major characters to be plot points. I mean if the book isn't doing well get a new creative team...find something that works. And to be bringing Spider-Man onto the team? Ughhh is spidey the new wolverine? Come on Marvel you are better than this...

No comments: