11.12.2011

Neil Gaiman - Fragile Things

Nice collection of short stuff from Gaiman.  Reading through some blog posts and came across someone saying that Gaiman was England's Stephen King...hmmm have to think about that one.  Funny thing is the connection makes sense for me.  I have read bits and pieces of King and mostly his work doesn't do a whole lot for me but some stories do stick with me like The Stand and The Girl Who Love Tom Gordon but there is a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember.

Gaiman is a a lot like that to me.  Loved American Gods (one of my Top 10) but some of the other stuff not so much which also showed up in this collection.  Loved the Sherlock Holmes homage and the Shadow story and the Day the Saucers Came poem but that is about it. 

Interesting...

No comments: