7.18.2012

Don't Tread On Me?


With rhetoric being the highest before every major election it is always interesitng to see what people choose to put on their cars.  Freedom of Speech being what it is I understand why some people feel that need to put forth their political beliefs with stickers but sometimes it just makes me cringe.  The Gadsden Flag is the latest symbol, taken from our history and repackaged to carry the latest lament of our nation which is centered around people's belief that our government has become too much like England back in the 18th Century.
 
Understandably I wish historical symbols would not be remade into something else.  Because of its historical significance I just have to laugh as I see them plastered on back of mostly big assed trucks.  The goofiness being that to me the truck is the symbol of American individuality, ruggedness, and stupidity.  I mean where else in the world could you get away driving a vehicle that gets 15 mph gallon?   So to have one plastered on your vehicle I have to wonder what exactly our you protesting?

No comments: