9.17.2012

93.3 KTCL Big Gig - Red Rocks

Took my son to his first time concert at Red Rocks (gotta do it right).  Actually a pretty decent day of bands as well as a fairly diverse group of music.  The day's set began with the Wombats.  Band I knew nothing about and after the day probably the one band that I left with the biggest desire to hear more.  Unfortunately they only have one album so not much more to hear.  They reminded me a lot of the Cure.  The second band was The Hives.  Again a band I knew but couldn't place any of their songs until after their set and then figured out who they were.  Of all the bands the energy they displayed was incredible especially at a Mile High.  A great rock band.  Loved their enthusiam.  The next band was then local favorite 3OH!3.  A Boulder band similar to Linkin Park although I am not a huge fan of alternative rap the crowd made the set pretty fantastic.  The final act was Silversun Pickups which to me made the "gig" although I don't think they are big enough to be a anchor band yet.  Great band as always but I think they are a tweener band right now.  Not quite ready for the big stage but too ready for that big stage.  In the end I was bummed because Nikki, their bassist, was on maternity leave :(  Great day of music at the world's greatest concert venue!

No comments: