12.28.2012

Neil Gaiman - Sandman Volume 6 Fables


Funny when you connect with a story, this being Volume 6, and finally reading a collection that means something you find out from wikipedia that this is the 'least essential" of the collections!  Perhaps I shouldn't read these once a year and maybe I should just sit down and crank through them but I will keep taking my sweet time.  Maybe the reason I enjoyed this one was because of the variety of story and the how they were a bit more accessible compared to some of the previous volumes.  The beauty of these one off stories was they were very compelling.  I thought the one about Morpheus son was fantastic and hte the last story in the collection about Baghdad.  Rich storytelling.  Gaiman continues to amaze me with his takes on various fables.  Good stuff!

No comments: