9.28.2006

This Week in Comics

Justice League of America #2 is Brad Meltzer's second issue into his run. Second issues are always tough because you start off with a bang then it leads into the dreaded second issue where the author has to bridge the gap. It is the ultimate bore because in this issue you have to actually explain where the storyline is going to go. Brad does a good job although it seems he is taking alot of liberties with the audience knowing alot of historical background. Beyond the Big 3 I have no ideal who the heck is Redd Tornado so basically I'm lost....



Issue 100...Wow! An impressive run that Bendis has put together. The Clone Saga seems somewhat forced to me...trying to tie into the normal Marvel universe. Good tie in to the overall saga but I was hoping for a bit more out of a momumental issue unfortunately it only leads to more questions. Not for sure where this is all going but I am sure Bendis will have a surprise for us...

Grant Morrison's Batman is okay. Not for sure where is he taking this...I have always trusted Grant on giving a good story so I will give him a chance. Batman having a son is interesting let's hope it doesn't fade away into typical comic sleight of hand trick.











Total filler issue...they need to find some continuity otherwise this comic is done..

No comments: