4.05.2007

This Week in Comics

Alright call me stupid but what the heck? First couple of issues talk about who is going to be in the new JLA, we have this whole tornado story...it comes and goes and we're right back where we started...handing out memberships. Total filler issue...guess the other shoe drops next month when JLA/JSA crossover begins. Whatever I'm done this isn't doing anything for me!

Joss Whedon's first issue...hmmm...should I care, I loved what Vaughn did for the bunch. The Punisher? Aghhhhh where is Joss taking us? Plus the kids seemed to age a bit...













Call me crazy but this is the event I have been looking forward to...can't believe is is only a 5 issue mini-series...a trial if you must. Hopefully it will sell and get picked up. The Canadians have always had a kick ass team. They sort of got loss in the 80s but hey who didn't. I mean they had a great team...Vindicator...right up there with Cyke. Anyway the issue didn't disappoint. Well written, good speed, and enough hmmm moments to make us return. Best line in the book, "...Hey, what is that?...It ain't Captain America!"






Again an interesting read but I am sure it would mean more if I have read the entire series...hmmmm...more to read!















Issue 2...just as good as the first...Buffy rocks on! Don't quite follow the Buffy dream sequence but I assume it will become clearer. Call me loser but I don't remember why Dawn is a giant...and when did Xander lose an eye? I should be slayed for not remembering but hey the last page with Willow will certainly make things right. Is it weird to see real live characters transformed into the comic realm?

No comments: