8.05.2008

Haruki Murakami - Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman

I belive for the most part this is the first book I have ever read that wasn't originally written in English...my question then is what is lost?  Don't think I will run out and learn Japanese but it does make you wonder what might get lost in translation.  Interesting stories, what I thought was most  interesting was that most of them made me feel a bit edgy.  His style is very visual or at least the way he crafts his stories there is a very visual feel to them.  I like two stories the most.  The one about the piano tuner who runs into a woman who learned she has breast cancer and the piano tuner reaches out to his long lost sister to only learn that she does too.

Also thought the the line about all men have three notable girlfriends in there lives was interesting.  I will have to pick up one of his longer fictional works and see how it is for a long story.


No comments: