8.26.2008

This Week in Comics

New Avengers #44
Okay the back story is getting old.  Lets finish Secret Invasion and move on. So Mr Fantastic screw it all up but what exactly is "it".  Ughhhh let's move on.  So will the New New Avengers have Thor, Capt A, and Iron Man in it? What is going to be the doh moment?  There has to be some issue...I bet it has something to do with Iron Man and Spider Woman.  I am sure Bendis will have some oh sh&t moment...






Daredevil #110
Not a terribly satisfying conclusion.  Think the book was kind of gearing up for the return of Bullseye or Lady Bullseye.  Hope this is a good story and not just some ploy to garner readership.  Wonder if Dakota will continue to have a play?  Hmmmm








Ultimate Spider-Man #125
oh hum.  This story line just isn't grabbing me and asking me to read it with anything remotely nearing, I care...I mean why do spidey writer's think that the venom is what we want.  It is a boirng concept...I like that it ties to Peter's father and why not follow that rather than the whole bit with it taking over Spidey....I still think the whole secret invasion is taking away from Bendis's other books like this one and Powers...






X-Force #6
I am done on this one.  I loved the concept at first but it just isn't the X-men that I know.  It seems that we are just trying for some gratuitous fight crap.  Throw in the fact that the villains just don't mean much too me and it is all over the board.  By the issue I just don't care...maybe later...

No comments: