12.12.2008

This Week in Comics

Secret Invasion #8
8 issues and this is what we got?  So much potential and so little to show for it.  I mean come on...Norman Osborne as the head of the new SHIELD or saw I call it HAMMER.  I expect better from Bendis.  This was just a stunt and I expect us to tell a compelling story...not some cheap DC crap.  Marvel has always moved in a great direction and this not so much.  

I imagine it will probably grow on me but come on this stinks of Lex being called president...




X-Infernus #1
This isn't getting as much play as I was imaging.  I thought it was the next big X-crossover event but it appears to be just some side issue.  With only 4 issues it would seem it merely a way to bring back Magik (without much fanfare...).  I guess for most of us the Magik thing only appeals to those of us who grew up with the New Mutants.







X-men #1 Noir
The first issue in the "Noir" series.  I guess X-men and Spidey got the treatment.  Again it seems Marvel (the House of Ideals...) can't come up with any new ideals and it seems they just stealing from the Distinguished Competition.  I mean didn't Batman have an alternative storyline like the Batman Gaslight?  Ughhhh problem is I'm hooked so I will pick it up and give it a read.

No comments: