9.11.2011

Remembering 10 Years

Hard to believe 10 years has passed.  When I was 8 years old (?), my grandmother took me into New York City.  For a young boy the enormity of the city sticks with you.  Part of that enormity centered around the towers that anchored the south part of the city.  Sometimes I wondered how such two large buildings could raise out of the tip of the island like they did.  With my disc camera (!), I shot the following image on the ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty.

Remembering the Towers

As I have mentioned in past,  the New York skyline is just empty to me.  To me they defined the City and I won't ever forget that.  Sometimes I wished the City had just rebuilt them but as with anything we need to move on so says Longfellow,


"Nor deem the irrevocable Past,

As wholly wasted, wholly vain,

If, rising on its wrecks, at last

To something nobler we attain."

No comments: