1.03.2007

Classic Movies - #10 - 6

Alrighty back to the posting! I gave my honorable mentions at the end of 2006 - now on to the biggies

#10
What*^^&%? A chick movie? Yeah, yeah I'm a sucker for a good love story. This movie, more than any one I have seen since, fits the bill. A beautiful movie, great story, and great acting. An adventurous pilot who loves Herodutus. Which by the way is a bitch of a read. A stunning beauty in Kristen Scott Thomas. fabulous film











#9
It's Michael J Fox! I have a thing for time travel as you will see. This movie, especially, is just a well rounded movie (forget the other two, although as an ensemble they do fit rather well). The set up for this is fantastic and how it just fits into place is magical. I enjoy movies that just seem to flow and meander and in the end all makes sense. I love how at the end just a simple punch changed it all. Go Marty...we're sending you back to the future!












#8
Well of all the Star Wars movie this one takes the cake. Watching this and then watching the first three is just painful. It is really too bad that Lucas forgot how to tell a story and got caught up in his special effects. Episode 5 just has it all. Good battle scenes, nice love triangle, Yoda, and best lightsaber battle of them all with a cliffhanger too boot! I remember seeing Star Wars in the theater with my dad but Empire was the one I actually stood in line to see that first weekend with a bunch of buddies. It really was an experience and I only ever felt it again when I saw all the rereleases in LA.








#7
I'll Be Back...the movie that launched the catch phrase. Once again another time traveling movie. I probably have to say I liked the sequel better than the original just because of the non-stop action but for purists you have to go with what started it all. (Ignore Empire above!). This time traveling trick can get tricky when you think about it so I don't; but this movie began the insane action films of the late 80s and 90s and of course jump started Arnold (which ultimately lead to his downfall in Last Action Hero...how appropriate). Sarah Conner is just a great character. The action scenes at the time were great and the ain't over until its over really became a mainstay.






#6
Yippe Cay Hey MF! If Terminator started the action film then Die Hard was it's apex. This one has it all, action, action, and more action. Movies, sequels, and whatever only tried to copy this format. A believable lovable action hero saving the day for the little guy. Bruce Willis is just the perfect action hero. Great film.

No comments: