1.14.2007

This Week in Comics

Actually because of the snow over the last 3 weeks this is a bit late but hey what do you care!

As I wrote last time the whole concept of a girl wolverine is kind of cheap. But I decided to break with my mold and try something new. This is a well written and drawn book. I loved the page where the french teacher asks if she can speak french and she launches into this dialogue of how to gather information by abduction. Finally it was also hilarious how she stole the principal's car (of course what principal drives a jag?) Over all I think this is a winner.





Favorite line, "Oh, and the fact that cops with no powers are guarding a woman who could push this building over with her right boob" Ah Bendis dialogue....classic











Ah the best written book today. Kind of a filler issue and I guess the cyke without glasses is a permanent thing? Anyway kind of bittersweet to think we only have a couple more issues of Whedon....










Warren Ellis is a decent writer and this has a decent shot had becoming something. I originally thought that the New Universe had a shot but unfortunately although the ideals were good some of concepts were translated a bit campy. It wasn't until StarBrand became a bit darker that the series took on a bit more audience. With this rework it seems to be working...I wonder if PsiForce will be making an appearance?






JLA 5....can't say that I am hooked yet? Characters aren't doing it for me.. the history of some long forgotten plot line...I don't care. Maybe if you love the JLA this is good for you but not for me...

No comments: