9.14.2007

Heroes....or Where Was I?

Well, I loved the new show Heroes that started last fall. I watched it pretty closely up through mid season then I missed a couple of shows and then I could never get back on track. With the release of the DVD of Season 1, I finally caught up on the 11 shows that I missed! Four days of straight heroes and wow what an awesome first season. What is great with this show is that it responds to cliffhangers and then brings new ones on. Other great shows like Lost or X-files was good but the twists and turns just never completed the story. Season 1 of Heroes, like a good comic book series, had cliffhangers after each episode but they became a part of the story rather than just a plot tool to bring us back. Of the 11 shows, there was some not so good episodes but overall the series was a must-see. Characters all grew, the plot weaved through 23 episodes, and the ending was like a good Christmas gift (nicely wrapped up and having enough mystery to make us wonder but once opened satisfied with what is was!). My only complaint was Peter really wasn't all that believable about him not controlling his powers. He had controlled it previously what caused him to go nuclear with this episode...I thought that was particularly weak and the only real bummer because everything else wrapped up nicely. Season 2 starts next week...it will be interesting to see if they can launch and hold onto another season.

No comments: