2.12.2008

Diablo Cody - Candy Girl

As mentioned in a previous posting, I ran across Diablo in some magazine or webpage. Went and saw Juno and loved the touching and well written story. Looking into her further, I found she wrote a memoir about being a stripper. Well who could ignore this? So I gave it a read and it was pretty eye opening. Strippers have always fascinated me and it boils down to why? Why isn't there a big market for male strippers? Why do woman do it? Is it degrading if someone chooses to do it? is it empowering? I have no ideal but it is a crazy topic to think about it. From Diablo's view point it was self discovery and trying to move beyond her bland world. What was interesting was how she just want down this path of sexual degradation. She started at a swanky club, then went to lower graded club, then ended up in a peep show setting (which by the way is really wacky...men have some really strange and disturbing needs!). Anyway interesting read.

No comments: