2.07.2008

U2 3D

No new albums, no new tours, so what is the next best thing? IMAX 3D! Nothing like seeing a 60 foot tall Bono belting it out on the really big screen! I dragged my two kids with me figuring that one, they would at least like seeing a "movie" and two, they got to have popcorn and candy! What was amazing was how many other adults (in my age group) dragged their kids along too. For me the movie (errr concert) was fantastic. Seeing them live is the best but with the 3D and camera views it really felt like a bird's eye view. Loved the pan shots @ Junior playing the drums. The Buenos Aires crowd was rocking, really added to the overall vibe of the show. My only real complaint was that the sound quality was kind of lame. I thought the sound would be lounder and more dynamic (think Space Shuttle Main Engines!!). The one thing I do like about U2 has a band is that they are always trying new tricks to get their message out. Whether it be Rattle and Hum, the whole Pop Mart debacle, and now this, at least they are trying. Is it any wonder why CD sells are down? It is because their isn't any great rock and roll bands anymore!

No comments: