9.04.2008

Clone Wars

Okay I read the early reviews on Ain't it Cool News, a site I usually consider pretty reliable, and the reviews on Clone Wars were just scathing.  Yikes after the perusal I just was in no mood to see it.  But I had some free time and decided to give it a shot and although it isn't Best Picture quality, I had some fun and frankly that is all that I am looking at for 2 hours of my time and money.

In fact I almost preferred these characters in animation versus real life actors because then I don't have to watch real people try to survive a Lucas written script.  I mean at least silly lines said by crudely drawn characters make a decent match.  I almost wish Lucas had done this with the newer trilogy.

Anyway reading the reviews from those of us who grew up with Star Wars, I begin to find them a bit pathetic.  They whine and moan that it ain't the Star Wars we grew up with and insult Lucas saying he is ruining the franchise but frankly Lucas could careless with us.  He's gotten our money, and he is shooting for the next generation.  My kids loved the new trilogy so why do we let it bother us anymore?  Enjoy the stories, realize it is designed to be for 12 year olds and move.  I do believe that a part of the Lucas empire is keeping us older fans intrigued through its video games.  I mean Force Unleashed is definitely a harder look at the SW universe.  Anyway I am looking forward to the Cartoon network premiere of a weekly SW show.  It will be fun although why is it on at 9 PM on a Friday?  This ain't for adults!

No comments: