9.25.2008

This Week in Comics

Flash Gordon #1
Big Flash fan (not the DC running guy, although my greyhound is named Flash for that hero...) and saw this at the store.  Decided to give it a chance and was actually impressed by the first issue.  Pretty good for a none big comic company.  I will have to give a chance although the set up is a bit weird.







Daredevil #111
Hmmm what to think of this.  First off can't believe Matt and Dakota got it on.  Sometimes rebooting a character is not worth the effort.  I mean it certainly gets the attention of the media but does it really help the character?  Since Dakota came into play that is what brought me to the book but we shall see about this new villian (?).  I dont like gimmicks...







New Avengers #45
Okay this secret invasion thing is getting old...where is issue 7?  and when is this going to come clean?  This didn't really explain the whole House of M thing.  And frankly these ads I keep seeing about seeing skrulls and embracing changes worries me a bit.  Not for sure but I don't think I want a post secret invasion keeping skrulls around...we shall see.





 

Captain America #42
Well the long going storyline is finally over.  Looks like we will be heading in a new direction.  Bit surprised how quickly this all came apart.  I expected things to continue on but I guess Brubaker wanted to move in a new direction...wonder if this is a secret invasion thing?  Still great book.


No comments: