2.13.2009

Coraline 3D

My interest in Neil Gaiman's work as steadily risen over the last couple of years.  It started with American Gods, which was a really good book, and boy did one need a guide for that one.  I have been slowly getting though the Sandman collections and have read his follow up to American Gods, actual a prequel, Anansi Boys.  Read through Smoke and Mirrors, a collection of short fiction, which has some freaky stories.  Think what I like most about his work is the diversity of the mediums he chooses to work in.  Most people work in one but he seams to tackle them all.  I read his blog and get his twitters.  It is interesting to see how a writer lives and sometimes I have to wonder with his constant travel how does he ever find time to write? 

Anyway back the movie and I thought it was a visual cornucopia.  Beautifully done and a great story to boot.  I saw the 3D version because I figured that would be a one time thing as they haven't master the 3D TV yet.  The black cat in the movie was the best.  Very enjoyable and I hope that maybe Gaiman makes it to the Oscars this time next year with the ideal of getting a screenwriting credit perhaps? 

No comments: