2.17.2009

William Faulkner - Pylon

Don't ask why I choose to read Faulkner.  It was an impulse buy at Powell's (it had planes).  After reading it, it wasn't too bad.  Very Faulkner.  I have forgotten how sentences seem to go for pages with descriptions forever going and never stopping.  Not for sure what an editor would even think when trying to edit something like this.  I mean sometimes you have to stop and go back and figure where did this sentence begin?  What was also unusual was just the jumping between scenes and characters with no segway...just reading about one guy and then the next paragraph you are across town reading about another character.  It drove me nuts!  Anyway glad to have read it but can't say Faulkner is in my scope for another read.  My brain needs a rest!

No comments: