12.17.2009

Conan Doyle - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

This is the first major Daily Lit book that I read. After 131 installments, I am not for sure if I like to read this way or whether it seemed to much like work! You would think that a couple of paragraphs a day would make this an easy way to go but I found that trying to get to it daily was incredibly difficult and then if you slipped a day it was easy to slip another and then suddenly you have 30 posts in your inbox that suddenly need reading!

This was my second attempt of getting through a Sherlock book. The first go of it I just wasn't into it. This time I enjoyed it. The stories were good although I the "mysteries" were sometimes contrived. The formulistic way of writing got a bit tiring it at times but overall it was a peak at the 19th century London.

No comments: