12.04.2009

Sarah Flannery - In Code

Another ancient book on my books to read list...funny this list never seems to shorten! Since discovering the library I have found that finding these older books and reading them is a lot easier on the wallet...doh!

I have no idea where this book came about. My usual suspects don't ring a bell and I can only think that it might have been in the New Yorker? Interesting book especially insight into a mathematical mind. Cryptography is a fascinating topic and the work this teenager did was pretty fantastic. Math get a bit rough and thus the book kind of bored me but the concepts were interesting. Interestingly I googled her to see what she has been up to since winning and frankly not much. She worked for EA then went on to her own company...

No comments: