10.23.2007

This Week in Comics

Umbrella Academy 2
The dreaded issue #2 where series grow or collapse. I think this should grow but what sort of audience will grow with it? Sort of fits the superhero x-men thingee but the characters are all out of an X-files episode. This book to me seems to have had alot of hype, alot of "noise" but isn't really getting much mainstream look see. Now my guess is that with a writer who is also in a band, kind of helps with the chatter but will this book live to see anything come of it? Dark Horse is pretty good about letting a series run its course. Another thing I find interesting with this book is that it seems to have this huge back story that everyone should know about but for me I struggle with the apparent randomness of it all. I mean the free comic book day offering was set as the "team" was together, the first two books seem to be laying the framework of how the team comes together but then there are these random time lines with stories (that fall into a sort of printing but web offering). Ughhh sometimes time is a good plot line!

Captain America 31
Another great issue. Books like this restore my faith with comics. Good compelling story with good art and a reason to return each month. Where will the Winter Soldier fall? Is he under the spell or his he trying to discover the real truth? Wow great book

No comments: