10.15.2007

This Week in Comics

New Avengers #35
Unusual issue. Issue #34 ended with out heroes jumping into a fight, so with this issue I expected some conclusion to that cliffhanger and what does Bendis throw at us? Yup an issue with none of our heroes and a bunch of bad guys banding together to take up against our heroes. Of course this is always something I can never figure out in the comic world...why bad guys don't do this more often but hey it is....the comic world. Anyway Bendis is throwing a whole lot of dangling plots into the mix. Difficult to see where it is all going...not for sure why he his dragging the whole "a skrull or not a skrull" plotline along.



Buffy the Vampire Slayer #7
Another good issue by Brian K. Again I watched Buffy on and off for a couple of years but never a real follower. A good issue on Faith. Little more background on the scooby gang but mostly just Faith. Interesting to see how this plays out. I am sure it won't conclude with Brian's run but probably follow through the books. To me with Faith siding up with a potential enemy this could play out to an endgame of some sort. Was reading a comment in the back of the book and it was interesting to note that in fact we really don't know much about this post Sunnyvale (dale) world? Hmmmm






Uncanny X-men #491
Ughhh what to do about this book? Brubaker writes Captain America...awesome book. Uncanny, fantastic history and great characters, and I can't get into it. I really thought something was going good but nothing. Then I read about this Messiah Complex coming...it it another tease? I really think the X-universe just needs to start over. Everything is just too convoluted...I really thought the 198 mutants left would be something but no (dangling plotline...). I am really trying here...

No comments: