1.17.2008

David Lynch - Catching the Big Fish

With every new year, I try to read some sort of self help, motivational, or this is how I got where I am type book. Saw this book in the store and with Lynch's wackiness in the movies, I figured what the heck. As a person he seems to be pretty straight forward. I mean he looks kind of like an ax murderer but reading his story he seems to be a pretty normal individual and as he says, he is just a boy from Missoula, Montana. Anyway when you look at his work he is a tremendous movie maker. I mean for sheer off the wallness it is amazing. Twin Peaks, great, Elephant Man, touching, Wild at Heart, wacky, Blue Velvet, demented...I mean he has done it all. Some quotes:

"It's best on the big screen (i.e. movies), That's the way to go into the world"

"A film should stand on its own "

"True happiness lies within"
Overall a good lite read...big into mediation...don't know if I could settle into a deep enough quietness to get there...

No comments: