1.25.2008

This Week in Comics

X-men #207
Lucky 13 for the Messiah Complex or shall I say unlucky for one of the originals. So it is done, a cross-spanning story which is one of the best X-crossovers in years. The ending was satisfactory and certainly a new feel for what it means to be an X-men. Cyke is taking on a much bigger role, which I fear will begin to cast him into some shadows and dark parts. I see him turning darker and I am sure it will become a plot point sometime in the future. The X-books are certainly going down a different path. Couple of good lines...my favorite

"Well, I hope you remembered your lunch money, kiddo. And your warm, woolly mittens, and your best -- / -- Soul dagger? Yeah I bought that."

I still think the baby has got some connection to Jean Grey...the hints of the baby girl touching Scott's locket with a picture of Jean and Scott, the red hair, and having Cable and her going into the future...there has got to be something there(?)

Astonishing X-men #24
I was reading on wikipedia the other day about Whedon's publishing record on this book and frankly it is horrible. This thing has been going on for quite sometime. This book marks the next to last of his contribution to the x-history. It has been a good run. Not for sure this whole Beakworld has made alot of sense but he continues to nail the characters...

Wolverine, "When does Pete get to throw me at something?"

No comments: