3.06.2008

Iron Man

Saw the latest Iron Man trailer for the new movie due out on May 2 and I have to say it revived some of my love for the character. Of all the comic books out there, Iron Man is the one book I could write. Great anti-hero who has obviously moved up in the world now that he is director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I used to read the book monthly especially during the Armor Wars years. Good stuff but got frustrated with Marvel when they tried to "regen" all these characters in the late 90s. I really hate all these "volumes" and wish they'd go back to original numbering. Iron Man would be probably close to 500 issues by now but instead starting this May we get Issue #1 and Volume #5...ughhhhh. Why do we have to reboot these characters so often? I mean great characters should stand the test of time and not need gimmicks. I mean every book has its growing pains but I wish some continuity existed. Blah blah blah!

Can't wait for the movie!

No comments: