3.01.2008

This Week in Comics

Captain America #35
Another "build" issue. Yup sure Bucky has taken the mantle and he is real swell with working the shield but it just seems hollow to me. Sure he is fighting some baddies but not really fighting anyone of importance. The issue ends with him going up with some big time baddies but really up to this point two issues with Bucky as the new Capt A and for all the wow factor this is suppose to have it really hasn't done it for me. Where is the boo yah?




X-men Legacy #208
Total filler issue...yawn. Again what exactly has happened to Prof X? I still can't figure it whether he is dead or alive. I mean did he do the Spock thing and send along his brain to someone else? Is his brain still alive? Ughhhh....








Ultimate Spider-Man #119
I hate these type of stories. How many times do I have to read about some person who suddenly becomes a mutant. They whine, they want to throw in the towel, we have some spiffy banter among other mutants, and then Magneto shows up...wasn't this story done way back when in Uncanny when Kitty was being chased? As good as Bendis is, sometimes I think he just gets sidetracked and gives us junk...Secret Invasion better be good.







Batman
Finally a good compelling story for the week. Usually don't know what to expect from Morrison...sometimes great, other times sorry. This one was good, it even seemed to advance the story to some degree. A secret Batman replacement league...an original thought! A compelling story that makes me want to read the next issue...yippee!

No comments: