7.10.2008

First Time?

Feeling a bit nostalgic (Fraction's quote in Wizard made me think about it) and decided to throw out my first comic book. Way back in October 1986 X-Factor issue number 9. At first I kind of stayed away from the Uncanny title. I was feeling a bit snobbish with the "new" X-Team and decided to stick with the originals. Got right into the whole Mutant Massacre storyline with fantastic art by Walt Simonson. Have to admit though I started to collect Uncanny about 4 months later. Anyway loved the X uniforms and enjoyed the Jean/Maddie/Scott triangle. All this laying the groundwork of what was to become Inferno which to me probably was the apex, with a brief excitement during the Jim Lee era. The latest storyline that just concluded in the x-books was probably the closest I felt to a good storyline. Writer's need to keep it fresh!

No comments: