12.13.2007

This Week (and Last) in Comics

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 #9
Brian K. Vaughan's satisfying conclusion to his 4 run mini-series within the series. I found him to be a welcomed relief as Whedon's plot and writing was just confusing. What I find interesting is all the baddie's that keep coming out (and unfortunately it hits me that I am not a real Buffy fan!) Two seasons of watching it religiously just doesn't help me when trying to figure out all the bad guys. Hopefully it becomes clearer as things move along.








Uncanny X-men #493
Well with Cable back (not really for sure why his time streamed father is all bent out of shape about it...I mean kids talk about their parents this way but not usually the other way around?) And then do you really want to send Wolverine and his clones out to get him? Yup X-force is back (what an awful name, I like mine better) with Wolverine leading the charge. Couple of things in this book lead me to believe that the new baby (which is a girl by the way) is none other than some reincarnate of Jean Grey. I could be totally off guard but one 1) Wolverine gives us a "Slim" reference and 2) Cyke is looking at a locket with him and Jean (foreshadowing anyone?) Anyway we shall see...



X-Factor #26
Chapter 7 is the first issue in this cross-over that really is just a filler issue. Nothing of real excitement occurred in this issue. It was a bridge issue. Obviously a bunch is coming to a head but not in this issue. I am curious what Prof X and Cyke continue to have some sort of underlying disagreement...I still wonder if Prof X isn't trying to undermine (when is Magneto showing up by the way ;-)!









The New Avengers #37

Yu cannot draw action sequences...and since this was supposed to be some sort of action packed issue it comes across as weak. This isn't a very good issue...I am tired of this c-lister baddie what about the whole skrull thing...snore zzzzzz give me a new artist and a better plot.

No comments: