4.11.2008

This Week in Comics

Fantastic Four #556

Millar's kick off story has been okay but Hitch's art has been terrible. I've always liked this team but for some reason the work lately just isn't working. To make a great team the writer and artist really need to be on the same page and unfortunately this book isn't starting on the right foot. Plus what is up with the team being scattered...this is Marvel's first family...why aren't they together! This book is on life support for me.








Amazing Spider-Man #556
Well basically bought this because I bought #555. Guess throwing Wolverine into the mix helped to get me on board. Loved the beginning line "I'm starting to wish I'd been bitten by a radioactive polar bear." Anyway Bachalo does a wonderful job. Loved his work on X-men and appreciate how he brings the story to life. I will forgive the blatant Wolverine last issue...this is worth it.

No comments: