7.07.2010

England Day One

Made it...long overnight flight. Left after an hour and half delay. Actually slept with crying babies and all. Heathrow is a big giant maze. Wow at least after a long flight I got to walk (for like a mile!). Interestingly enough I got biometrically scanned (?) so now I must be in some big face database...wonder why I couldn't sign a privacy notice on that one? Hop, skip, and jump flight from Heathrow to Manchester although it was delayed for over an hour and yet my bag still didn't make it. So lovely to be in England with only the clothes on your back. Lovely feeling...NOT. Got to drive in England...guess I am a moron but I thought everything would be in metric but no everything is miles...duh I guess? Oh yeah creepy foreign dude on the airplane today with a incision almost completely around his head. And does Arabic read right to left as in pages like Japan? Again it was an adventure driving on the wrong side of the road. Not to mention getting stuck with a car that was manual transmission. Talking about completely being baffled, when was the last time you used your left hand to shift gears. Funny thing was I found myself always drifting left. I wonder if it was the car or me? Anyway highway driving is fine...city driving...old English city driving sucks! I will be happy if I don't get an in accident while driving around Leeds. Freaking nightmare!

No comments: