7.18.2010

Tim Kurkjian - Is This a Great Game, or What?

"It is the best game."

I like Tim's analysis although he definitely does not have a voice for radio! Anyone who appreciates baseball will get a read from me. While the book itself is interesting, the shot gun approach of just weaving story after story doesn't really come across all that well. It would be much more exciting to be sitting at a bar and hearing the little tidbits of baseball lore. The one chapter that did grab my attention was about Baseball Signs. I think that could be a book in of itself...and probably could use some further analysis?

Loved this quote about the now Rockies reliever,

"The day I saw Joe Beimel pitch in high school, the shortstop on his team was a girl."

And finally from the department of I didn't know that, "Rickey Henderson bats right handed but throws left handed. Only four nonpitchers in MLB history have played 1,000 games batting right and throwing left."

No comments: