12.11.2006

Artist Feature - James Jean

As an avid comic book reader, I have always enjoyed the synergy between a great writer and artist. As a visual person I enjoy what the artist creates. To me a great book has to have both elements that complement what the writer is trying to get across and what the artist thinks the story should be. Unfortunately I don't think all books written really try to get both of these ideals across...which is a shame. Todays comic books have started a trend of having a separate artist do the cover. The one that comes across the most is Adam Hughes. I would like to add James Jean to the mix. A talented illustrator who does Fables. I love his work. It is visually appealing and worth much more than just a cover. The website is a fantastic grouping of all his work...check it out www.processrecess.com

No comments: