12.09.2006

Comic Reviews

New Universal #1 is a retread of a horribly failed experiment but for nostalgia reasons I have to give it a thumbs up. Not for sure why it didn't work (okay besides Merc and Kickers Inc.) there was some good ideals which didn't get a fair shake. Star Brand really turned into something...I mean they destroyed Pittsburg! Anyway I was a big fan of PsiForce. Of course I also read Strikeforce Mortimori (sp?) so shoot me...sometimes comics take themselves too series. Writers should remember to have fun...probably why spiderman has been as successful as he has. Anyway I will need to dig deep to try and remember the new universe but what the heck...



Bendis's best book by far continues to work well although his long story lines get lost. Perhaps I lose sight of things but I wish he would get the stories along and keep them a bit tighter. Throw in the fact that Pilgram and Deena have a lot of skeletons in the closet...I just wish he would explore their characterization better.

No comments: