12.26.2006

Classic Movies - At Least for Me!

Over the extended Christmas break this year I decided my sons needed to see some of the classics. Movies started to roll through my mind and I got to thinking what are my classic movies?

Honorable Mentions

Okay so my Movie hey days were the late 80s and early 90s. As in music the movies that seem to mean the most to you are kind of silly but I've always had a soft spot for the original Predator. Much like the story "The Most Dangerous Game" it pits ex-special forces troops against an alien out for sport. Classic motif and the testerone sprouting from this movie is just the apex of all those classic Arnold films. No meaning no sense just good ole American movie silliness. Classic line..."If it bleeds, we can kill it!"






What can I say...it's got pre-Neo and ex-Dirty Dancer. What more could you ask for? This movie just keeps on ticking, no stop! This is about the time I was in college when the whole extreme sports thing began its roots (can anyone remember Dan Cortes?) and Point Break has it all...parachuting, surfing, gun battles, car chases, and whatever else you can think of. The vibe the movie puts out is what makes this movie rememberable and like I said these aren't the greatest things put on celluloid but for a fun night drinking a few brews and watching with your best buds, it's a classic



This movie got me through high school...whenever it was a rough day my best friend and I would simply start reciting Airplane I and II movie quotes and things just seemed to roll on. Surely you can't be series? Yes, Yes I am and don't call me Shirley! I saw Airplane I on HBO back in the day and actually saw Airplane II in the theatre. Wow what a laugh. I actually watched this one with the kids and kept on chuckling throughout with both of my boys sometimes asking, "What? What is so funny dad?" and I would just say that it goes way back. Way back, "No bridge?", "We'll get it down, and down safe"

No comments: