12.17.2006

Neal Stephenson's - The Confusion

Made it through book 2! Only took me 3 months and lots of airplane trips and everything but finally got through it. Best part of the book was the last 75 pages but interesting none the less. Looking back I wasn't going to tackle this "cycle" as it wasn't really sci-fi and historical sci-fi (is that a category?) isn't all that but I decided that it was a challenge and since I travel a fair bit it was worth giving it a shot. Both of the books have been interesting from a historical stand point. I wish I could track down some accuracy on some of the events. I have read that some of "history" is made up while the historical characters are somewhat true to their character. Jack's adventure around the world was the better of the two books that made of the con-fuse book. Eliza didn't play as big of a role in this story as she did in the first book. Now that I have read two of them I am on to the third...ughhhh...hopefully it ends well. The love story is a very central part of this cycle...

No comments: