2.26.2007

2006 Academy Awards

Whoopee....I used to love the awards...I used to see most of the movies...have some favorites...root for some. Love the pre-show, the dresses, and the "Hollywood" atmosphere. Great stuff but lately I just don't see the movies. I still keep abreast of the films...read about them but seem to fallen off the bandwagon when actually seeing them in a theater. Why is it so hard to see a movie? This year I saw none of the nominated films. I did guess correctly on 12 of the awards! (my families annual event). My 4 year, who can't read, guessed 4 correctly (?). I was glad for Martin...and totally impressed by the triumvirate of great film makers (Spielberg, Coppola, and Lucas). Surprised by how suddenly the academy is accepting of black actors. It truly is amazing how un-white the Academy awards have become. Loved Ellen, thought she did great. Overall interesting night but nothing truly remarkable.

No comments: