2.08.2007

John Williams vs Mozart

Is John Williams this generations Mozart? Just something I thought of while listening to something. I mean back in Mozart's time they didn't have movies but they did have opera and Mozard did do operas. You have to understand there is no research in this just me making conjecture. I mean John Williams has scored Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, and Harry Potter. He has been nominated 45 times for an oscar and has won it 5 times. I tend to think that Mozart is put on this high level but what composers do we have today. Our movies this century's operas? In a few hundred years will Star Wars be remembered more for its music then the movie? Just some rambling thoughts from me....hmmmmm?

No comments: