3.24.2007

Fantasy Baseball 2007 Team

Draft Day! Well have to admit I made a mistake...sort of. ESPN this year decided to offer Fantasy Baseball for free, I'm all for that but once I signed up, found a league, joined and didn't look into any further until draft day and that is when I discovered that for free leagues they don't offer the standard that I have been playing for the last 7 years. So no 5 outfielders and in actuality a more truer game. Well that kind of threw me off as I've so nicely kept records to determine how to win that type of league...oh well...I was getting stagnant anyway so maybe something fresh will work. So here is my team:

C - Brian McCann, Atl (go with a hot hitting catcher)
1B - Adam LaRoche, Pit (another Atl product but lot's of 1B with big numbers...hoping to get Helton)
2B - Brian Roberts, Bal (one stat - stolen bases)
3B - Morgan Ensberg, Hou (not real pleased with this selection)
SS - Jose Reyes, NYM (stolen bases and runs)
OF - Jermaine Dye, CWS (still playing?)
OF - Adam Dunn, Cin (big bat)
OF - Xavier Nady, Pit (who knows?)
Util - Adrian Beltre, Sea (sleeper team for the year?0

I'm awful at picking offensive...put too much weight on position scarity but end up with not enough big boppers

P - Roy Hallady, Tor (local product year 2 with him)
P - B.J. Ryan, Tor (need lots of saves)
P - Jose Valverde, Ari
P - Brian Fuentes, Col (hometown)
P - Ryan Dempster, ChC (errrr)
P - Joe Borowski, Cle (another errr)
P - Daisuke Matsuzaka, Bos (give it up to the Japan phenom)
P - Barry Zito, SF (slow starter)
P - Daniel Cabrera, Bal (hmmmm)
P - Chad Paronto, Atl (Atl's hot hand?)
P - Ian Snell, Pit (we shall see)

No comments: