3.11.2007

Nick Hornby - Fever Pitch

Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch interested me because of the connection with the movie "Fever Pitch". The movie about an obsessed Red Sox fan and the book about an obsessed Arsenal football fan. Funny thing about all this is that before I read this book I had become an outside Arsenal fan...no real reason why other than I liked their uniform with the big O2 on the front. Being a chemist geek I thought it would be cool to have a big oxygen symbol on my shirt ;) Anyway after reading the book I have a lot more intimate view of arsenal and England football. Wow what an eye opener about British soccer. Some of the undercurrents was just amazing...I had no ideal. Overall interesting view of soccer but frankly a bit over my head. If I ever get to England I will definately go see an Arsenal game. Oh yeah another little twist in all of this is that the Colorado Rapids is partnering with Arsenal! I find this all to be a bit weird!

No comments: