3.23.2007

This Week in Comics

Witchblade Manga 2 was okay...the Japanese version is bit too slow and ackward. Big panes, little dialogue, seems they are having trouble putting together an americanized version. Might be moving on without this one. Tired story, silly art, and painful plotting.















Finally a good Bendis Spidey. Last few issues lost the fun that was essential to this books success. When Spidey has it going with his dialogue the book just works. When Spidey is down in the dumps for like 8 issues it just doesn't work as well. I realize the character needs more then just web-slinging and catchy phrases but the whole clone thing was a downer. Again I don't think it really did much to the overall ultimate spidey mythos.

Classic line:

"Put the moon toys away, Casper. I'm just here for the chicken wings."







Will the real Grant Morrison stand up? Having started on Morrison's thread I keep waiting for a decent Morrison story. This one finally has it all. Good plot, good lines, and great art. A complete package. I was going to give up but this issue might keep me hanging on a bit longer. The spread on page 12 and 13 is a classic batman montage. Finally who is the big bad bat dude in the end? I have my thoughts...

No comments: